How to Access E-Reserves
- Go to the UW Library catalog: http://catalog.lib.washington.edu/search~/
- Notice the red button in the upper right-hand of the page labeled "Off-campus access". Click on it and sign in with your UW NetID. (This sign-in is the mandatory first step in order to access online content subscribed to by the UW from your personal computer. If you are in the library using a library computer you can bypass this step.)
- After signing in, it should take you back to the catalog as noted above. On the right-hand side below the red box, about 7 lines down, notice it says "Course Reserves". Look up your course list under instructor's last name or by course name (exp: Smith, or, Art History 400).
- Click on: + Electronic Reserves. This is usually at the top of the list. If you don't see it at the top of the list click on "Call#" to resort the list, it should then appear at the top. (The other items on the list are materials on reserve for your class that have to be physically checked out, the right-hand column shows locations, call #s, and status.)
- On the next screen, click on the link "Connect to this title"
- Sign in with your UW NetId (yes, again)
- On the next screen, click on "Accept"
- You will then see the list of e-articles for your course
- Click on the title you want to read. (The icon to the left of each title indicates the format of the file--PDF, MS Word, url to online content, etc., or a second window will pop-up indicating that there are multiple format options.)
- If you have a slow internet connection it may take awhile for the PDF to open since it has to download first.
Note: you will need to have Adobe Reader installed on your computer to open PDF files.
Any problems? Feel free to call the Art Library at: 206-543-0648, if it's after hours the Odegaard Staff can also assist you, they are open almost 24/7: (206) 543-2990. Assistance via online chat is also available.