Most of the databases, electronic journals and e-books available through the Libraries are restricted to UW faculty, students and staff. If you want to connect to a UW-restricted resource from outside of the UW campus network, you must log in through the UW Libraries off-campus proxy.
To connect to restricted resources using the proxy:
- Your browser should have cookies enabled.
- Click on the button in the upper right corner of most Libraries webpages or go to http://offcampus.lib.washington.edu/.
- You will be prompted to enter your UW NetID.
- Once logged in, note that the "Off-Campus Access" button now says and your browser address bar includes "offcampus.lib" in the address.
- Browse to the restricted resource you would like to access.
Or watch the video to see how to log in:
- Use the forward and back buttons on your browser to move around
- Do not use the home button, your favorites or bookmarks
- If you fall out of the off-campus proxy space, and no longer see the special url or the "logged in" message, then click on the "Off-Campus Access" link again or the proxy bookmarklet to re-enter.
- More off-campus access help and FAQ >
If you often do your research from off-campus, we recommend you install the proxy bookmarklet on your browser's bookmarks toolbar. The bookmarklet lets you log into the proxy without having to browse from the UW Libraries website.
Connecting to a URL through the Proxy
If you have a URL and want to log into it through the proxy, enter it below:
Last modified: Friday December 21, 2012 (tawataoc)