If you often do your research from off-campus, we recommend you install the proxy bookmarklet on your browser's bookmarks toolbar. The bookmarklet lets you log into the proxy without having to browse from the UW Libraries website.
Add this link to your browser's favorites or bookmarks: "UW Libraries Proxy Bookmarklet"
To add a bookmark you can:
- Drag it to the browser's toolbar or bookmarks folder
- Right-click and add it
- Or if you are on a touch device, create a bookmark but edit the bookmark's url to contain the following line of code instead of a web address:
You might see a security alert that the "favorite may not be safe", although it is. Click "yes" to continue.
- If the links toolbar is not visible in your browser, you can try to enable it under the View > Toolbars menu.
- You can also save the bookmarklet in your bookmarks folder instead of the toolbar.
How To Use the Proxy Bookmarklet
- Once you have installed the proxy bookmarklet, navigate to a webpage that is restricted.
- Once you are on the page, click on the proxy bookmarklet in your browser's toolbar, and you will be redirected through the proxy server.
- In some cases you may need to use the browser's "Back" button to return to the resource URL, not the vendor's login/error page.
- Licensed content is provided by a number of vendors and some content may not be purchased directly from the source you are using. In this case you will need to start from the Libraries' web site or catalog to see if we have access to this resource.
- More off-campus access help and FAQ >