Summit Borrowing at UW
We provide UW students, faculty, and staff access to millions of titles from all over the Northwest. Learn more about the consortium of libraries that is responsible for the Summit shared catalog, the Orbis Cascade Alliance.
New Process for Summit Item Requests. On January 20, 2015, the newest version of Summit software was launched by the Orbis Cascade Alliance, a consortium of 37 academic libraries in our region. Please contact library staff with any concerns or questions stemming from your use of Summit.
How do I request Summit items?
- To request Summit items, click the "Request via Summit ~about 5 days" link from item record from within UW Libraries Search (Beta). Because you have already logged in, the system will know who you are when you place the request.
- Fill out the request form, select your preferred pickup location, and click “Submit.” Note! If your request is for an item, volume, or part of a multi-part item, please indicate this in the “Volume” field. Example: “Volume 37,” or “CD.” Place one request for each item, volume, or part that you need.
- You can view or cancel Summit requests in the Your Library Account interface.
- In approximately five days, you will receive an email notifying you that your requested item is ready for pickup.
- If your request cannot be filled, you will receive an email update notifying you that your Summit request was cancelled. (When this happens, it is usually because all available copies are checked out or do not circulate.)
Summit Visiting Patron Program
UW borrowers can visit other Summit libraries to check out materials. You will need to verify your status at the remote library by logging into your UW library account. Once a UW borrower is "adopted" in this manner by the remote, Alliance library you can use that library's materials.
The reverse is also true. Non-UW borrowers from other Alliance libraries can be "adopted" at the UW Libraries at Library Account Services. They will receive a purple borrower's card and a UW NetID with limited privileges. Once they have been adopted here they may check out UW-owned materials.
Additional information is available in our FAQ.