Field name: Your choice (default = "Rights")
DC Element: Rights
Some kind of statement about copyright or other rights and restrictions associated with the resource (or a hyperlink to such a statement).
Some UW Libraries projects have stated copyright restrictions once on the opening web page for the collection, rather than repeating the same statement in the metadata for each image. Also, some projects watermark each image with a copyright statement.
Examples of field names:
- Copyright Holder
Examples of data:
- Clausen, Meredith
- Materials in the Freshwater and Marine Image Bank are in the public domain. No copyright permissions are needed. Acknowledgement of the Freshwater and Marine Image Bank as a source for borrowed images is requested.
- Copying, printing, or distributing this image without the permission of the copyright holder is expressly prohibited.
- Lastname, Firstname
If there is more than one name in the same field, separate them by <br>:
- Kroupa, Sandra<br>Maguire, Marsha
- You can use a URL to link to a page that states your policy.
Recommended controlled vocabulary:
- Library of Congress/National Authority File (LCAF): List maintained by LC and other libraries. This is the largest file of names (over 4 million) and covers names from many different subject areas and disciplines. It is also the authority file used by the UW Libraries Catalog and all UW Libraries digital projects.You can find authorized forms of names in the Library of Congress Authorities by doing a Name Authority Heading search.
- Union List of Artist Names (ULAN): Vocabulary maintained by the Getty Research Institute. The ULAN "contains around 220,000 names and other information about artists. The coverage of the ULAN is from Antiquity to the present, and the scope is global. The scope of the ULAN includes any identified individual or "corporate body" (i.e., a group of people working together) involved in the design or creation of art and architecture."