Tutorial: How to Find Course Reserves
Books, scores, CDs, DVDs, etc.
For the fastest service, please follow these steps to locate the call number for your reserve item.
- Go to the Music Library's homepage: http://www.lib.washington.edu/music
- Click on the link for Course Reserves located under the heading 'Search the Catalog'
- Select the link to search by Professor or Course. Select the page for your course.
- Locate the item you are searching for on the list of reserve materials. The list will be sorted in alphabetical order by title.
- Under 'Call #' you will see the location of each item.
- Music Upstairs Reserve = upstairs Music Library (Room 113)
- Music Listen Ctr Reserve = downstairs Music Listening Center (Room 19)
Computers configured to stream audio are also available 24/7 in the UW Libraries.
- Click on the link to access electronic reserve materials for your course. Log in with your UW NetID and password.
- Read the copyright terms and click 'accept.'
- Listening examples for the course and links to any online readings are shown. Click on the link for Online Listening Materials to access streaming audio.
- Listening examples are grouped according to the course syllabus.