ALC Support & Technology Resources
Need help during class? Go to the first floor Entry Desk and staff will help with your classroom support needs.
- Videoconferencing, Tegrity & Clickers
- ALC Equipment Tutorial
- Classroom Technology & Events (CTE) can set up a one-on-one tutorial with you to go over all of the ALC equipment and instructor podium features in depth. Contact CTE at 206-543-9900 or email@example.com.
- Lecture Capture
Course sessions can be recorded and automatically uploaded to a secure lecture capture system. The in-room computer screen, all active mics, and video (optional) are recorded. Students enrolled in your course can view recordings online. To sign up for a Lecture Capture training session, contact UW-IT Learning Technologies 206-221-5000 (option 4) or firstname.lastname@example.org at least one week in advance for training.
- Connecting both ALCs via video
- Both ALC rooms can connect together via a live video conference link. This is helpful for large enrollments requiring both rooms. Contact UW-IT Learning Technologies at 206-221-5000 (option 4) or email@example.com at least one week in advance for training.
- Live Video Conference
- The camera and mics in the ALC make it possible to host live webinars and video conference with people all over the world. Allow at least two weeks to plan and test the connection with your remote sites. To schedule a web conference consultation, contact UW-IT Learning Technologies 206-221-5000 (option 4) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- TurningPoint & Clicker Help/Support
- Classroom Technology & Events provide training and support for TurningPoint and Clickers in the Active Learning Classroom. TurningPoint is installed on the PCs in both classrooms. For help, please contact CTE in advance at: 206-543-9900 or email@example.com.
- Odegaard Library is home to the Writing & Research Center and the UW IT student technology help center, as well as the largest computer lab on campus. We encourage you to refer your students to these support services, which provide individual, customized help on students’ research, writing and technology projects.
- The Center for Teaching and Learning can provide support in designing your course for the space. The UW IT instructional technologists can help you “flip the classroom” or customize Canvas for your course. Visit them on the second floor of Odegaard.
- Collaborate with your subject librarian to design a custom course research guide and to provide a course-related research workshop for your students.