Library Collections Disaster Team
The Library Collections Disaster Team is chaired by the Preservation Librarian and reports to the Associate Dean for RADITS.
- Is responsible for keeping the "Disaster Response Plan for Library Collections" and individual unit plans current.
- Revises, as needed, the Annual Disaster Prevention Checklist sent to Libraries units, reviews the responses received, and makes recommendations to further disaster prevention.
- Helps keep staff informed of matters related to disaster preparedness including awareness of disaster response procedures, provides training as needed, and, in the case of a disaster, keeps the staff informed of the status of the response.
- Coordinates with other library and university committees and units as appropriate.
- Coordinates responses to disasters (water, fire, volcanic eruption, earthquakes, etc.) that damage library materials.
The team meets as necessary, but at least quarterly to review the plan and matters relating to the disaster preparedness for the University Libraries collection. After a disaster, the Team revises the Disaster Response Plan as needed.
- Stephanie Lamson, Chair
- Charles Chamberlin
- Kathryn Leonard
- Marty Nolan
- Tim Pemberton
- Sion Romaine