Selection & Evaluation Criteria
- All undergraduates enrolled at the University of Washington are eligible.
- The $1,000 awards are given in three categories: Senior Thesis, Senior Non-Thesis and Non-Senior.
- Projects completed in Spring Quarter 2012 through Spring Quarter 2013 are eligible.
- Projects must have been completed for UW course credit, for the Undergraduate Research Program (URP), or the Undergraduate Research Symposium.
- A project may be in any format or medium.
- Individual or group projects are eligible. Each student will be judged individually.
Submissions will be judged on how well student researchers demonstrate:
- Unusual depth or broadness in the use of library resources and collections, including, but not limited to, printed resources, databases, primary resources, and materials in all media.
- Extraordinary ability to identify, locate, select, evaluate, and synthesize library resources and to use them in the creation of a project in any medium that shows originality and/or has the potential to lead to original research in the future.
- Demonstration of significant personal knowledge in the methods of research and inquiry.
Please review the Student Tips carefully. It contains a detailed description of how points are awarded.