Recalls and Due Date Changes
How do I get book that is checked out to someone else?
- All UW borrwers may use UW Libraries Search to request books that are currently checked out by another borrower.
- Current UW faculty, students and staff are encouraged to request the item from Summit - in most cases you can get a copy from another library before the other person would need to return the UW copy
- Items due in more than 14 days will have the due date changed to 14 days from the date of the request
- Items due in 14 days or less will keep the original due date
Why was the due date of my book changed?
- The item was requested (recalled) by another borrower or for reserves
- You are guaranteed a 14 day checkout unless the item is needed immediately for reserves
- Current UW faculty, students and staff are encouraged to check UW Libraries Search to see if there is a copy available from a Summit library - in most cases you can get a copy from another library before you need to return the UW copy