Departmental delivery from the UW Libraries and beyond... at no cost for current UW faculty and staff!*
This service is for current UW faculty and staff at the Bothell, Seattle, and Tacoma campuses and all locations with UW campus box numbers. The UW Libraries will pull material from our shelves, check it out to you and send it to your department via the campus mail. Summit and Interlibrary Loan material can also be sent to your department.
How to Place a Request
- Request an item through the UW Libraries Search and select "Send to Fac-Staff UW Mailbox" as your pickup location.
- Items must be sent to a valid campus box number. Check your campus box number in your library account. If the address is not correct you will need to change your address by accessing the Employee Self-Service web site. It may take a week or so for our information to be updated.
- Please be mindful of your department's capacity to process and secure material that you request.
What to Expect
- If you are new to the University it may take up to 2 weeks from the beginning of your appointment for you to be eligible for the service.
- Available materials held at the UW Libraries will be delivered in 2-3 days, not including weekends.
- Materials held by Summit libraries will be delivered in 5-7 days, not including weekends. This accounts for transit time from the Summit library, plus campus mail delivery time.
- Materials requested through ILL will be delivered in 10-14 days, not including weekends. This accounts for transit time from the loaning library, plus campus mail delivery time.
- We will contact you if the material is not available or cannot be sent. We will use the email address in your library account to notify you of problems with delivery, so please make sure the email address in your account is one you check regularly.
- The requested item will appear in your list of loans shortly before it is mailed.
- Please contact Central Circulation Services at firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not receive the material within 7 days of appearing in your loans list.
- UW Libraries is not responsible for material once it arrives at your campus box number drop location or if you do not contact us within 7 days of the material being mailed.
- Send material back through campus mail to Central Circulation Services, Box 352900 or drop off at any UW library.
- Material sent via mail will be checked in when it is received by the libraries and is the responsibility of the borrower until that time. Please allow at least 2 days for mailing time.
- Contact Central Circulation Services at email@example.com.
- UW students are not eligible for the service
- Cascadia College faculty, staff and students are not eligible for the service.
- Material that does not circulate (Reference, Special Collections, etc.) and material on reserve are not eligible for delivery.
- Fragile or large items may not be eligible for delivery.
- This service provides for sending only to campus mail addresses. If you want to have a book sent to an off-campus address through the US mail Interlibrary Loan and Document Delivery Services can provide this service for a $10 fee. Login to your ILL account and select Borrow a Book, fill out the form and then select one of the Delivery Options that provides for shipping to home.