The Smith Room is a meeting space available for rent for official UW use only.
It is available, to the University community, chargeable to a UW budget. (See Rental Fees below.)
Suzzallo Library, 3rd Floor, Room 324
- Autumn, Winter, Spring Quarters:
- Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Summer Quarter & Interim:
- Monday through Friday, 9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Evening events by special arrangement only.
- Please contact us for staffing availability and pricing.
- Room not available for weekends and holidays.
Reservations are required:
- To check availability, see the Smith Room calendar.
- To request a reservation, fill out our online form.
- Contact Libraries Facilities at 206-543-2009 or email@example.com if you have rental or reservation questions.
- Users will receive confirmation of reservation after the reservation request form has been received by Libraries Facilities.
Rental fees apply to University of Washington departments/groups*. UW budget number is required for payment:
- Fees levied in half hour increments after the first 2 hours with a 2-hour minimum charge:
* Room not available for non-university use, except for media filming. Request permission for media filming through UW Office of Media Relations & Communications at 206-685-2647.
- Additional charges apply for special arrangements, events over 8 hours, furniture setup and reset time, and damages.
- Cancellations accepted 48 hours prior to event without charge, otherwise cancellation charge is 50% of total bill.
Note: All outside media filming & production room rentals are charged $100 per hour, per room.
- 24 seated at conference table setup
- Lounge seating for 12 in alcoves along perimeter of room
- Additional seating for 30 supplied by request
- Maximum of 75-100 for standing reception
- Room cannot be darkened for media presentations
- No live music is permitted
- 10 conference tables with conference, lecture or reception setup
- 24 wooden chairs
- 30 folding chairs
- 2 folding tables for catering
- 12 lounge seats permanently located at perimeter of room
- Hardwired Ethernet
- Wireless access via campus network
- Projection screen and stand
- Podium with microphone is available by request
- Coat rack
- Note: No sink or kitchen facilities available
- Room Rentals for Official University Use Only. Room is not available for private use. Only University of Washington or affiliated groups (e.g., the Alumni Association, UW Foundation) may reserve the Smith Room for official University purposes. Room is suitable for meetings and small receptions.
- Additional fees. 30 minutes will be added on each side of the reservation for set-up and reset. The cost of repairs to room, furniture, flooring, or equipment damaged during an event are the responsibility of the sponsoring department and will be charged to the provided budget number.
- Catering. Users are responsible for catering arrangements. Banquet permits are required to serve alcohol. Information on obtaining the permit is included on the reservation form. Linens or other appropriate protection are required to prevent heat/water damage to tables. Users must advise caterer that the room must be cleared promptly at the end of the event. Rental charges run until room is cleared and locked.
- Alcohol. See the Alcohol Permit Options from the Office of Special Programs.
- Equipment. Users must arrange for delivery, set-up, and retrieval of projector or any additional media equipment rented through Classroom Technology & Events (206) 543-9900 or provide their own. Equipment must be removed promptly after the event.
- Responsibility. Individual reserving the room must schedule, plan and expedite all permits, reservations, audiovisual equipment rentals, catering services, and room preparation and restoration needs.
Revised: 16 February 2017