Visitors from K-12
Welcome students and teachers!
Be sure to fill out the Planning Your Visit form prior to your visit to the UW Libraries.
Planning Your Visit
- Fill out the Planning Your Class Visit form.
- Consult with your school librarian to prepare your students for their research visit.
- Have students do preliminary research at your school library.
- Have your students use the databases available via local public libraries.
- Have students search UW Worldcat so that they come here with a list of books, library locations and call numbers.
- UW Digital Collections
The Libraries collection of digitized images and texts with an emphasis on the history and culture of the Pacific Northwest.
- Special Collections K-12 Visitors Guide
Information about arranging class visits to Special Collections.
- History Day
Information for teachers and students working on History Day projects.
- Opposing Views
Guide that maps out the political terrain and provides information and resources to organizations involved in a variety of political issues.
- K-12 Resource Guide
A searchable database providing information about a wide variety of educational resources offered by the University of Washington.
- Center for the Study of the Pacific Northwest Curriculum Guides
Curricululum guides with primary sources for various Washington State history topics.
- Computer Access in the Libraries for Visitors
Information on guest research workstations, scanners and wifi access for visitors.
- Borrowing Info for Teachers
Information on getting a UW Libraries borrower's card.
- Library hours
Hours and contact information.
- Campus Map
Seattle campus map.
- Getting to Campus
- Information on transit and driving options.
- For buses and larger vans, use the Online Bus Request Form at this Web site
- For driving directions and all arranged parking questions, call (206) 616-8710.
- Dining on Campus
Food options on campus.