Services for UW PCE Instructors
- Husky card. Your Husky Card serves as your ID card and your library card. For more information on obtaining a Husky card, visit Employee Husky Card.
- Library account. If you are not issued a Husky Card, or for any other questions about your library account, get in touch with Library Account Services.
- Instructor handbook. For more information and other options, visit the UW PCE Onsite Instructor Handbook.
Borrowing materials from the Libraries
- Borrowing privileges. For details on borrowing materials from the UW Libraries, visit Borrowing Information for Faculty.
- Access options. Place a hold on materials held by the UW Libraries, select a location for pick up, or request delivery of materials (for a fee) through UW Libraries Search. If you want to have a book sent to an off-campus address through the US mail, Interlibrary Loan and Document Delivery Services can provide this service for a fee. Login to your ILL account and select Request a Physical Item, fill out the form, and select one of the Delivery Options that provides for shipping to home.
- Departmental Delivery. Current UW faculty and staff at the Bothell, Seattle, and Tacoma campuses and all locations with UW campus box numbers can have material from our shelves checked out and sent to your department via campus mail through the Departmental Delivery service. Summit and Interlibrary Loan material can also be sent to your department.
- Interlibrary Loan. Request and receive materials not owned by the UW Libraries for free through Interlibrary Loan.
- Summit Libraries. Access materials held at the Summit Libraries, also known as the Orbis-Cascade Alliance of 30 academic libraries in Washington and Oregon.
- WorldCat. Search a global catalog of library collections through WorldCat.
Accessing UW-restricted online resources
- Online access. With your UW NetID, access thousands of online resources, including full-text journals, articles, research databases, eBooks, images, sound recordings, and other online media.
- Research guides. Discover recommended resources for your particular subject through the Libraries Research Guides.
- Off-campus access. Utilize library resources from home by Connecting from Off-Campus with your UW Net ID and password.
Book delivery and pick-up
- Interlibrary loan delivers. Request to have books and articles that are owned by the UW Libraries delivered to your home address for a fee, using Interlibrary Loan. To learn more, visit Interlibrary Loan FAQs.
- Pick-up books from any UW Library. Request to have books and other materials held for pick-up at any UW library branch for free, including those held by Summit Libraries, and libraries worldwide. For more information visit the Interlibrary Loan homepage.
- Articles delivered to your desktop. Interlibrary Loan also offers free digital delivery of articles held in our print collection, scanned and sent by request.
Get help from a librarian
- Click on the Ask Us! link above for 24/7 help or contact the Education Outreach Services librarian.