Services for UW PCE Instructors
- Husky card. Your Husky Card serves as your ID card and your library card. For more information on obtaining a Husky card, visit Employee Husky Card.
- Library account. If you are not issued a Husky Card, or for any other questions about your library account, get in touch with Library Account Services.
- Instructor handbook. For more information and other options, visit the UW PCE Onsite Instructor Handbook.
Borrowing materials from the Libraries
- Borrowing privileges. For details on borrowing materials from the UW Libraries, visit Borrowing Information for Faculty.
- Access options. Place a hold on materials held by the UW Libraries, select a location for pick up, or request delivery of materials (for a fee) through the Catalog.
- Interlibrary Loan. Request and receive materials not owned by the UW Libraries for free through Interlibrary Loan.
- Summit Libraries. Access materials held at the Summit Libraries, also known as the Orbis-Cascade Alliance of 30 academic libraries in Washington and Oregon.
- UW WorldCat. Search a global catalog of library collections through UW WorldCat.
Accessing UW-restricted online resources
- Online access. With your UW NetID, access thousands of online resources, including full-text journals, articles, research databases, eBooks, images, sound recordings, and other online media.
- Subject guides. To discover recommended resources for your particular subject, visit the Libraries Subject Guides.
- Off-campus access. Utilize library resources from home by Connecting from Off-Campus with your UW Net ID and password.
Book delivery and pick-up
- Interlibrary loan delivers. Request to have books and articles that are owned by the UW Libraries delivered to your home address for a fee, using Interlibrary Loan. To learn more, visit Interlibrary Loan FAQs.
- Pick-up books from any UW Library. Request to have books and other materials held for pick-up at any UW library branch for free, including those held by Summit Libraries, and libraries worldwide. For more information visit the Interlibrary Loan homepage.
- Articles delivered to your desktop. Interlibrary Loan also offers free digital delivery of articles held in our print collection, scanned and sent by request.
Get help from a librarian
- Click on the Ask Us! link above for 24/7 help or contact the Education Outreach Services librarian.