Services for Osher Lifelong Learning
Welcome to the University of Washington Libraries, the premier research library in the Pacific Northwest.
- Osher Lifelong Learning Institute. Members of the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute are welcome to visit and use the Libraries' vast research collections, and may check out materials at any UW Libraries branch using a Libraries borrower card.
- Borrower’s card. To obtain a borrower card as an Osher member, you will need to bring the registration letter that you receive from UW Professional & Continuing Education to Library Account Services, located on the first floor of Suzzallo Library, on the UW Seattle Campus.
Libraries events and exhibits
- Exhibits, news, and events. The UW Libraries regularly features a number of exhibits that showcases our collections. We encourage you to visit the Libraries in person to see these exhibits.
- Calendar. For a current list of exhibits and events, visit Libraries News and Events.
- Library tours. The Libraries also has a number of self guided and audio tours available for all visitors, which you can learn more about by visiting Library Tours & Workshops.
Borrow library materials
- Borrowing privileges. When you obtain a UW Libraries borrower's card, you will also be given a login that allows you to see what items you have checked out and their due dates. If you have any questions about your library account, visit Library Account Services.
- Finding books. You can search for materials held by the UW Libraries through the Catalog. You can also place a hold on materials that are currently checked out by clicking on the Request button at the top of the catalog screen. For help searching the catalog, Contact Us directly or use the Libraries Catalog Help Center.
- Accessing online resources. The Libraries holds a wide range of online resources and materials that are accessible to Osher members. The Libraries' large collection of electronic resources, including electronic journals and books, can be accessed in the UW Libraries at the Guest Workstations.
Find newspapers, media, and more
- Newspaper collection. The Microform and Newspaper Collections, housed in the ground floor of Suzzallo Library, contains a large current international and domestic newspaper collection.
- Media Center. The UW Libraries Media Center, located in the Odegaard Undergraduate Library, has the largest academic audiovisual media collection in the Northwest.
- Special Collections. In the basement of Suzzallo Library is the Libraries' major resource of rare and archival materials. To learn more about visiting Special Collections and accessing these materials, visit Special Collections FAQ.
Get help from a librarian
- There are many ways to get help from the UW Libraries, from in-person assistance to 24/7 online help. Click on the Ask Us! link above to learn about your general help options, or contact the Education Outreach Services librarian.