Documents, Reports & Letters
Excerpts from a number of various government documents, reports, letters and newspapers have been used in this exhibit. Those items that are available in full are listed here grouped in broad categories. Links to these documents are also available from the exhibit excerpts.
War Relocation and Wartime Civil Control Administration Publications
- Instructions to All Japanese Living on Bainbridge Island
- Report of Service and Control Station Bainbridge Island Japanese Evacuation
- Questions & Answers for Evacuees
- Visit to the Puyallup Assembly Center
- Relocation of Japanese-Americans
- Minidoka Project Information Bulletin, August 19, 1942
- Puyallup Assembly Center, interview with Miss D
- Wages, pay and maintenance of Japanese evacuees
Camp Harmony Staff Memos and Letters
- Daily Report Area A - Apr 30
- Interior Security Regulations
- Instructions for Movement of Advance Crew
- Minutes of Headquarters Staff Meeting, July 21, 1942
- Minutes of Headquarters Staff Meeting, July 23, 1942
- Safety Patrol Report dated August 27, 1942.
- Letter to J.J. McGovern dated June 19, 1942
- Letter to J.J. McGovern dated August, 11, 1942
- Letter to Franklin D. Roosevelt, March 23 1942
- Letter from Bill Hosokawa of the Emergency Defense Council Seattle Chapter of the Japanese American Citizens League dated May 7, 1942.
- Letter from Bill Mimbu Area A supervisor to Tacoma JACL office dated May 8, 1942
- Letter from Fred to Charles (Ted) Takahashi describing conditions at Minidoka dated August 24, 1942.
- Letter to the Tolan Committee from T. Nakamura received March 4, 1942.
Mrs. Willis's Correspondence
University of Washington Press